Terms & Privacy
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Mamalink www.mamalink.com (our Site, the Site), the place for parents to ask for and share advice amongst friends. You can access our Site through the internet and WAP services provided by certain mobile phone networks. The Site is operated and owned by Mamalink Ltd (we, us, our). We are a limited company registered in England. Our registered company number is 9947009, and our registered office is at 7 Park Drive, London, SW14 8RB, United Kingdom.
These terms and conditions together with the documents referred to on it (Terms) tell you the terms and conditions on which you may make use of our Site and services as operated and made available by us from time to time (Services) as a registered user.
Our Site has been designed to allow you to store and share your own recommendations and advice (Advice) with friends and to search and ask for Advice from friends or other Site users.
You can decide whether to make Advice available only to your friends who use the Site, to the wider public, or anonymously to the public. You can choose how your Advice is shared, by altering your privacy settings within your profile.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use our Site. By using our Site, you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not want to be bound by these Terms, please refrain from using our Site.
We may change these Terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time and to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be superseded by provisions or noticed published elsewhere on our Site. These Terms were last updated on 12 January 2016. These Terms may not be varied except with our express written consent.
These Terms and Conditions form the entire agreement between you and us. In the event that any term is found to be unenforceable, it shall be varied with the minimum changes required to give it enforceability in your jurisdiction. All other terms shall remain the same. We are required by law to advise you that any contract formed on these Terms may be concluded in the English language only and that no public filing requirements apply.
2) Access to the Site
We reserve the right to withdraw, suspend or amend the operation of our Site, or cease to provide and/or update content to our Site, with or without notice to you, if we need to do so, including, without limitation, for security, legal or business reasons. We will not be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We may make some parts of our Site, or our entire Site, available only to users who have registered an account with us. Accordingly you may be required to register an account with us and submit certain personal data to access certain parts of our Site.
This Site is not aimed at minors (the age of minors is determined by local laws where you reside). You must be 13 years or over in order to use our Site and Services (regardless of the country in which you reside). You must only register an account with us, or share personal information with us if you are not a minor. If you are over the age 13 but under the age of 18 then you should have a parent or guardian review and approve these Terms and Conditions on your behalf prior to you using the Site.
As a condition of us (and/or our partners) providing the Site and Services available on it to you, you confirm that you will use the Site and the Services available for your personal, non-commercial use only.
We may impose limits on certain features of the Site or restrict your access to parts or all of it without notice or liability. We reserve the right to disable any user account, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, or if any details you provide for the purposes of registering as a user proves to be false.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
3) Acceptable Use Policy
The following provisions set out our Site’s Acceptable Use Policy that you must comply with whilst you use our Site:
a) Permitted Uses
You may only use the Site for your non-commercial, personal use and only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), and in a responsible manner.
Subject to the following sections, you may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer or mobile device and store the Site in electronic form incidentally in the normal course of use of your browser or mobile device. Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or content of the Site and, where such terms apply, will be displayed before you access the relevant features, parts or content.
b) Prohibited Uses
Except to the extent expressly set out in these Terms, you are not allowed to:
- Use the Site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- Use the Site in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- In any way use or re-use material which does not comply with our Site rules;
- Reproduce, republish, redistribute, re-sell or re-transmit any part of the Site;
- Copy or store the Site other than for your own non-commercial, personal use and as may occur incidentally in the normal course of use of your browser or mobile device;
- Remove or change any content of the website or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the website or any servers on which it is hosted;
- Store the Site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create a database by systematically downloading and storing any data from the Site;
- To create serial accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes or with overlapping user cases;
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- Transmit or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- Use the Site in any way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates; or
- Otherwise do anything that it is not expressly permitted by these Terms.
You may not (directly or indirectly):
- copy any part of the website (except to the extent that this occurs automatically in the normal course of your accessing the website using a browser); or
- modify, translate or otherwise create derivative works from any part of the website.
In order to do anything with the Site that is not expressly permitted by these Terms, you will need a separate licence from us. Please contact us, using the Contact us details on the Site.
c) Site rules
Please use our Site and Services responsibly and with regard to others. These rules apply to any and all material that you contribute to our Site. You must comply with the spirit of following rules as well as the letter.
- Advice must be genuinely held where giving opinions, and accurate where stating facts.
- Make sure that any content that you upload is your own. Do not infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person or entity.
- Only upload content if you are happy for us to use it (because, if you submit content, we may use it in accordance with the licence set out below).
- Be respectful of other users and behave appropriately. This Site encourages the sharing of honest opinions therefore users must respect the opinions of others even if they differ from their own. Please be polite and avoid uploading or doing anything that might reasonably be expected to give offence to other users.
- Do not be rude or unpleasant. Do not use the Services to abuse, harass or otherwise behave inappropriately to us or any other user.
- Comply with any reasonable requests from us with regard to the use of the Site and/or Services.
- If you notice anything when using the Site that you think is unlawful or inappropriate, let us know via the Contact us details on the Site.
- Do not upload any content that is unlawful. This includes anything that is obscene, pornographic, defamatory, discriminatory or otherwise prohibited.
- Do not impersonate anyone else.
4) Moderation of Content
Please note that we do not actively moderate (nor have we an obligation to moderate) Advice posts or other content that users may submit to our Site. We rely upon community moderation of our Site and we may enable you to notify us of material posted or uploaded that is in breach and/or contravenes our Acceptable Use Policy. We will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content provided by users (for example, any inaccurate or incomplete user postings).
We shall examine carefully any material that a user notifies us as being inappropriate, and we shall exercise in our discretion our right to remove such content.
5) Intellectual property rights and use of content
We own all intellectual property rights in our Site that is not user submitted content. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Except as expressly set out in the Terms, nothing in these Terms gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property or trademarks owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site or any content therein.
In relation to any content that you submit so as to be accessible via the Site:
- subject to the terms set out below, any intellectual property rights that you own in such content will be retained by you; and
- you waive any moral rights you may have in, or to be identified as the author of, such content.
In relation to any content (including photos) that you submit to or via the Site, it shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and non-exclusive licence to copy, adapt and publish the content:
- via the Services;
- if you were referred or linked to the Services from another website or application, via that other website or application;
- if the Services are linked to any other website or application (for example, another website or application with a similar focus on advice and recommendations), via that other website or application;
- in other versions of the website that we operate, either on our own behalf or on behalf of third parties;
You further agree to waive any moral rights you may have in, or to be identified as the author of, such content.
You are responsible for ensuring that, in relation to any Advice or other content submitted by you, you own the intellectual property rights or trademarks in such Advice or the content concerned or you otherwise have the right to submit the Advice or content and grant the licences set out above in relation to that Advice or content. If you do not want any content submitted by you to be subject to these licence terms, then you should not submit it. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
6) Reliance on information Posted
Whilst we try to make sure that content made available on the Site consisting of information of which we are the source is correct, the Site may make content available which is derived from a number of sources (including users), for which we are not responsible. In all cases, information made available by the Site is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Except as expressly set out in these Terms, we do not give or enter into any representation, condition, warranty or other terms as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability, integrity, quality, fitness for purpose or originality of any content of Site and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of you or anyone else that arises from the use of the Site or of any content included on the Site.
We cannot and do not guarantee that the Site and its content will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of the Site and its content.
7) Changes to the Site
We may change the design, features and/or functionality of the Site from time to time. The content of the Site may be updated at any time. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
8) Your personal information
9) External links
The Site may, from time to time, include links to external sites, which may include links to third party offers and promotions. We are not responsible for the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of, or association with, their operators or promoters.
10) Our liability
Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability to you:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- for fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- for any other liability that may not, under English law, be limited or excluded.
The material displayed on our Site and any content you may access or download is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
In no event shall we be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential losses, or for any loss of profit, revenue, contracts, data, goodwill or other similar losses or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site or its use, inability to use, or results of use of our Site, any websites linked to our Site or any materials posted on it. Any liability we do have for losses you suffer is strictly limited to losses that were reasonably foreseeable and shall not, in aggregate, exceed the sum of £100. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
You may not transfer or assign any or all of your rights or obligations under these Terms. All notices given by you to us must be given in writing to the email address set out at the end of these Terms and Conditions.
If we fail to enforce any of our rights, that does not result in a waiver of that right. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable, all other provisions shall remain unaffected.
These Terms shall be governed by English law, and you agree that any dispute between you and us regarding them, or the Site will only be dealt with by the English courts, provided that, if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there.
Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court.
12) Contacting us
Please submit any questions you have about these Terms or any problems concerning the Site to us via email to email@example.com
The Site is operated and provided by Mamalink Ltd (we, us and our). We are a limited company, registered in England. Our registered company number is 9947009, and our registered office is at 7 Park Drive, London, SW14 8RB. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy online. Here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have over it.
2) Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, date of birth, gender, social media account details, social media connections, and photographs) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site (whether through certain social media channels or otherwise), upload or submit any materials via the Site, or request any information;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys, promotions and competitions that we may, from time to time, run on the Site, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- information that you post in the form of comments or contributions to the Site, which may include search terms you enter into the Site.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
3) Uses of your information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- Identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- Ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- Enable us to provide you with the Services and information offered through the Site which you request. This may include:
- Disclosing and sharing your information to certain third parties if you were referred or linked to our Site from another third party website or application, or if our Services are linked to another website or application which you access via our Service;
- Sending push notifications or other messages to contacts, but outside the Service, if you have elected to share Advice with those contacts;
- Sending you notifications of your friends’ activity or activity on your posts;
- Sending you suggestions for how you may wish to utilise the Site;
- Accessing your social media profiles, friends and email addresses if you choose to link your account to any social media networks made available through the Service;
- Administer your account with us;
- Provide features of our Site and Services to improve and customise the Services, for example, with more relevant content like local activities, trends stories, ads, and suggestions for friends to connect to or follow;
- Analyse use of the Site and the people using the Site in order to improve our content and Services including research into our user demographics;
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including receipt of marketing communications such as exclusive offers and loyalty rewards, provided you have indicated that you are happy to be contacted for these purposes by post, email, and/or through any other electronic or digital means including social network platforms.
- Fulfil our legal obligations and respond to litigation
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Site and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
4) Privacy settings
You can decide whether to make Advice, Questions and comments (Posts) available to your friends who use the Service and, in certain circumstances, to the wider public (either attributable to your name or anonymously). You can control this by setting your privacy settings in your Settings page, or in certain cases for each Post before such Post is posted to the Service.
When you share information via the Site, you should think carefully about who you wish to share that information with and adjust your privacy settings accordingly.
5) IP addresses, Cookies and similar technology
We use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users' visits to our Site and Services.
When you access or use the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- remember that you have used the Site before – this means that we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive and allows us to make sure that we have enough capacity for the number of users we get;
- allow you to navigate the Site more easily;
- remember your login session so you can move from one page to another within the Site;
- store your preferences;
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for you;
- collect statistical information about how you use the Site so that we can improve the Site;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site.
Some of the cookies used on our Site are set by us and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
We use Google Analytics and AdWords Conversion to help us to analyse how users use our Site. It counts the number of visitors and tells us things about their behaviour overall, such as typical length of stay on our Site or the average number of pages a user views and whether they have clicked on ads. This information generated by the cookie about your use of our Site will be transmitted to and stored by Google on their servers. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our Site, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity.
By continuing to use our Site and Services you give your pre-informed consent to us using cookies (and other similar tools) on your visit. Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
6) Information sharing
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to, and users of, the Site in order to describe our Services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the Services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Site, or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
7) Public information
Most of the information you provide us with is kept private and is only visible to friends. The Site allows the content of Posts to be viewed by the public, but as a default only friends will be able see the name of the author of that post. This ensures that users’ privacy is protected whilst allowing valuable advice and recommendations to be shared with other parents. This can be changed within your account Settings if you so wish.
In this way, any information that is disclosed within posts becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
Our Site is designed for use by those aged 13 years or over. If you are less than 13 years old, we are afraid that you cannot use the Site. If you are 13 years old or older, but under the age of 18, please go through these Terms with your parent or guardian and make sure that both of you are happy with them and agree with them.
You should not share any personal information with us if you are a Minor (the age of Minors is determined by local laws where you reside).
9) External links
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
11) Data storage and international transfers
By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer. If you use our Services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
12) Your rights
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK) to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
13) Contacting us